Rampage: Jerry Cantrell's Original Weapon
Twenty-something years ago, Jerry Cantrell bought his first G&L Rampage while working at a Dallas music store, and he still rocks â€˜em hard today. The Rampage Jerry Cantrell takes all that he loved about his favorite early Rampages and adds mods to dial it in even more.
Rampage shares the originals Soft Maple body, sleek Hard Rock Maple neck with Ebony fingerboard and Kahler vibrato. While the early Rampage had locking nut designed by Leo Fender, Jerry modded his necks to fit a beefier Floyd Rose locking nut. The Rampage Jerry Cantrell has the shelf for the Floyd Rose nut engineered in for greater stability and sustain. What's more, the Kahler vibrato is slightly recessed into the body, allowing lower action than those early Rampages. Then there's the pickup. Early Rampages came equipped with a Schaller humbucker, but the Tribute Series Rampage Jerry Cantrell model has a potent Paul Gagon-designed humbucker which pairs spectacularly with the Soft Maple body.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"PICKUPS: Custom Wound Jerry Cantrell Alnico V humbucker
- BODY WOOD: Soft Maple
- BODY FINISH: Ivory
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Ebony fingerboard
- NECK FINISH: Clear Satin back with color matched headstock
- NECK PROFILE: G&L custom profile with 12" radius and 1 3/4" nut-width
- NUT: Floyd Rose locking
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Kahler vibrato
- CONTROLS: volume