It's a cold-hearted guitarist who doesn't experience a flutter of excitement at their first glimpse of the VC range. Vintage in attitude and packed with warmth and tone, the VC range covers vintage guitar tones with ease and provides enough gain for contemporary playing. (VC15-110)
SMALL AMP â€“ BIG TONE
The VC15-110 is the baby of the VC range. Built on the distinguished heritage of the VC30, the VC15 delivers a massively expressive tone for a 'small' amp. 15 watts of amazingly warm or classic bluesy lead tone powered by matched EL84's and cranked out through its internal 10" speaker.
The VC15's cleanly laid out front panel is straightforward and consists of Hi and Lo input options, Clean volume, bright switch, Drive, drive volume, driver channel select, bass, middle, treble reverb and finally over all tone. Each VC15-110 is fitted with a new 10" HH H1050 Driver and housed in a very 'British' and specifically a very 'Laney' black basket weave vinyl covering, with black and grey speaker grille â€“ with white piping, rugged leather handles and finished with chromed corners. Giving a very purposeful no-nonsense appearance.
THE DARK ART
At only 15 watts, the VC15 can be pushed harder at lower volumes. The power tubes can be worked harder to create tonal nirvana of pre amp and power amp working in tandem to create a highly expressive all valve tone, expressing what we call 'The Dark Art'. Over the years the benefits of power amp distortion have been overlooked by people looking for more pre amp crunch, ending up with fizzy saturation and a lack of body in guitar tone.
The VC15 brings back the classic sounds of non master volume heads when everything needed to be on ten to an amplifier that can be played in the studio or small venues.
Classic British Class A tone.
- Bright Switch: Yes
- Channel Controls: Global Tone Controls
- Channels: 2 (Clean and Drive)
- Class: A/B
- Packed Dimensions (HxWxD mm): 410 x 582 x 262
- Drivers: 1x 10" HH H1050 Driver
- Equalisation: Bass, Mid & Treble
- Footswitch: FS2 (Not included)
- FX Loop(s): Yes
- Inputs: 2 x Jack (Hi and Lo)
- Output Valves: 2x EL84 Tubes
- Power: 15 Watts
- Preamp Valves: 3x 12AX7 Tubes
- Reverb: Yes
- Speaker connections: 1x External Speaker Socket (cuts out internal speaker)
- Weight: 12.7 Kg Packed, 11.2 Kg Unit
- Unit Dims - for int. case (HxWxD mm): 351 x 450 x 203