When Leo Fenderâ€ launched the G&L L-2000â„¢ bass in 1980, it was clear he was ready to make history all over again. Never before had such a wide range of tones come from a single bass, and throughout its evolution the iconic L-2000 has continued to win the hearts of bassists of every style and musical taste.
The foundation of the L-2000 is a pair of G&L Magnetic Field Designâ„¢ humbuckers backed by the flexible Tri-Toneâ„¢ control system, providing the sort of versatility thatâ€™ll let you find your tone no matter what kind of bass line youâ€™re laying down. The Tri-Tone system features a trio of mini toggles for pickup selection, series/parallel signal routing and active/passive operation, as well as a trio of knobs for volume, treble and bass. With all that under the hood, Leo gave the L-2000 the kind of chops thatâ€™ll fit in any situation, from classic R&B to power-packed rock to poppinâ€™ funk. Whatâ€™s more, the L-2000 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lockâ„¢ bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
The TributeÂ® Series L-2000 delivers the magic of Leoâ€™s revolutionary bass at a price attainable for every working musician. Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, youâ€™ll never look back.
Blueburst over swamp ash, clear satin neck finish, maple fingerboard
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 34"
- PICKUPS: Two L-spec G&L MFDâ„¢ humbucking pickups made in Fullerton, California
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple fingerboard
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4"
- NECK RADIUS: 12"
- NECK PROFILE: medium C
- FRETS: 21 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: Traditional open-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lockâ„¢
- ELECTRONICS: Tri-Toneâ„¢ system with 3-position pickup selector, series/parallel switch, 3-position pre-amp mode switch, volume, treble, bass